30mL adult or 20mL kid Sprays For the treatment of Throat Infections
(Official Indication) Preventive &/or Curative
Throat infections begin as a viral infection, followed by secondary bacterial invasion. Initially, a few virus particles enter the cells, multiply, & then large amounts of virions are liberated on the throat surface. They attack new healthy cells, cause cell destruction, inflammation, and disease symptom progress. The environment becomes favorable to bacterial growth, which leads to throat irritation and pain.
Topical anti-virals: None. Only symptomatic drugs available.
The Ideal Treatment should :
- Be topical
- Clean the throat surface of all contaminants
- Neutralize free virus particles to stop further infection and cellular destruction
- Stop inflammation to reduce pain & irritation
- Be instant-acting & minimize the need for antibiotics.
VITROBIO R&D: TOPICAL, CLEANING & MECHANICALLY ANTIBACTERIAL, ANTIVIRAL, ANTI-INFLAMMATORY APPROACH
- VB-Gy – A highly osmotic film to clean the throat surface instantly: We conceived & patented (PCT/FR99/01340) a liquid spray capable of forming a highly osmotic yet non-irritant & long-lasting film over the throat surface. Being 10 times more osmotic compared to sea water, the film creates an instant & strong exudation of hypotonic liquid from the inner parts of the throat surface, thereby detaching and draining away all the contaminants nearly instantly.
- Cleaning away/Removing inflammatory cytokines on the throat surface to suppress inflammation: Infected & damaged throat surface presents very high topical concentrations of many inflammatory cytokines (TNF-α, IL-1β, IL-6 and IL-4). The osmotic product film mechanically removes these cytokines to help curb local inflammation.
- Cleaning away/Removing free virus particles to stop the infection: Intensive research on antiviral therapy is currently underway but, still, there is no topical antiviral drug available. Cyclovirs (Zovirax) & neuraminidase inhibitors (Tamiflu) are intracellular virus growth inhibitors, whereas in all topical virus infections (influenza, rhinovirus, herpes), millions of free virus particles are present on the infected surface, where a systemic drug cannot reach. The filmogen VB-Gy osmotic product film mechanically removes the viral particles and other contaminants present on the throat surface, helping stop the infection and restore the ideal environment for fast healing.
As many diseases involving multiple pathology-implicated molecules or proteins (ex. viruses, histamine, IgE, growth factors) have no treatment, a wide-acting (on multiple pathological factors), instant-acting and safe treatment offers an excellent therapeutic approach.
Product Presentation: 30 mL Spray
Clinical Efficacy: Full trial published in J. Clinical Trials, 2011, 1:1; DOI: 10.4172/jctr.1000102 (see list of publications on throat spray)
Conclusion: 1st Topical Instant Preventive or Curative Spray to treat Sore Throat and Throat Infections
VITROBIO’s Completely NEW multi-factorial therapeutic Approach: Topical & Mechanical Anti-Virals.
VITROBIO elaborated a glycerol-based viscous liquid, 18 times more osmotically active than sea water yet NON-IRRITANT (International patent 1997: PCT/FR99/01340). A new patent on the enhanced film retention properties of this solution was recently filed (N° PCT/EP2013/061835). PHARYSOL instantly forms a film on the throat surface, creates a strong outward flow of hypotonic liquid detaching instantly all the microbial (viral, bacterial) & other contaminants from the surface. Instant and efficacious cleaning of the throat surface allows to stop further infection, reducing the need for antibiotherapy, as well as to neutralize local inflammation and relieve the throat symptoms.
PHARYSOL acts as an instant topical mechanical anti-viral, antiseptic, preventive or curative, throat-cleaning film.
Mode of action: Exlusively topical , on the throat surface
Product Presentation: 30 or 20mL Sprays
Posology: 4-5 sprays per application, 3-4 times a day or more if necessary, until complete recovery.
Regulatory Status: Due to the mechanical topical filmogen activity without any pharmacological, biological, metabolic or immunological interaction with the cellular structure: Class I Medical Device in Europe.
Contraindications: Not to be used in pediatric population under 3 years of age.
Side Effects: Slight tingling sensation during the first 20-30 seconds following application (due to the mode of action)
Clinical Efficacy: Full trial published in J. Clinical Trials, 2011, 1:1; DOI: 10.4172/jctr.1000102.
Conclusion: 1st topically and mechanically acting Instant Preventive or Curative
Spray to treat Viral Throat Infections